On Jan 25, 2007, at 10:33 AM, Ray Stell wrote:
On Thu, Jan 25, 2007 at 08:04:49AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

It really depends on the system. Most of our systems run anywhere from
10-25ms. I find that any more than that, Vacuum takes too long.

How do you measure the impact of setting it to 12 as opposed to 15?

If you've got a tool that will report disk utilization as a percentage it's very easy; I'll decrease the setting until I'm at about 90% utilization with the system's normal workload (leaving some room for spikes, etc). Sometimes I'll also tune the costs if reads vs. writes are a concern.
--
Jim Nasby                                            [EMAIL PROTECTED]