On 1/26/2007 4:40 PM, Jim Nasby wrote:
On Jan 25, 2007, at 5:33 PM, Jan Wieck wrote:
A new per session GUC variable, restricted to superusers, will define if the session is in origin or replica mode.

It would be nice if we had a separate role for replication services so that we weren't exposing superuser so much. IIRC Oracle even uses 2 roles; one for administration of replication and one that the replication code actually runs under.

So you think about another flag in pg_shadow? Would work for me.

Jan