On Jan 30, 2007, at 2:43 AM, Guido Goldstein wrote:
Is it possible to tell me which python versions you want to
support?

Just as a hint: 2.5 is the current stable version.

I support a lot of python on several platforms. For broad compatibility with pre-installed Python versions on recent OS versions, Python 2.3 support is essentially mandatory and there are few good reasons to not support it. I occasionally see Python 2.2 on really old systems by default, but it takes significantly more effort to support versions that old; the solution in my case is to upgrade Python to 2.3 or 2.4.

Python 2.5 may be the current "stable" version, but vanilla source builds segfault on some Python code that runs fine in 2.3 and 2.4, strongly suggesting that it is not mature enough that I would put it anywhere near anything important (like a database).

J. Andrew Rogers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

      match