On Sat, Feb 17, 2007 at 08:40:54PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:

> IIRC, there was a warning from pg_dump. I don't recall exactly what, and
> don't have the space to re-run the test on my laptop here, but I think
> it was from:
> write_msg(modulename, "WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position --
> ftell used\n");

Ok, I've confirmed that the output is this:
D:\prog\pgsql\inst\bin>pg_dump -Fc -Z0 test > out
pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position --
ftell used
pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position --
ftell used
pg_dump: [custom archiver] WARNING: ftell mismatch with expected position --
ftell used

Three warnings for that one dump - my guess would be one for each table
past the 2gb limit.

//Magnus

               http://archives.postgresql.org