On Thu, 22 Feb 2007, Zeugswetter Andreas ADI SD wrote:

And I also see a lot of unhappiness from users of system tables when column numbers all over the system tables would not be logical column positions any more.

Right now the fact that attnum presents the logical order but not the logical position is a problem for the JDBC driver. In the presence of dropped columns there is no easy way to get from a pg_attribute entry to logical position. I would hope that a new logical position column would reflect the actual position and solve this problem.

Kris Jurka

      match