Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Warren Turkal wrote:
On Thursday 22 February 2007 11:00, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
1. It has an api that can be written to, that may or may not be helpful
to buildfarm.

2. It has mindshare. I know that isn't a big deal to a lot of people
here, but the it is becoming the new cvs. There are others of course
(like monotone) but most projects I know are moving from cvs to svn or
starting with svn.
Git is also pretty cool, too. You can even present a CVS interface on a git repository. That might address the build farm issue.

But it wasn't portable, last time I checked.

Besides that, the whole idea is that buildfarm should mimic as exactly as possible how we checkout and build by hand.

cheers

andrew