Warren Turkal wrote:
On Saturday 24 February 2007 00:55, Magnus Hagander wrote:
AFAIK, git still does not support windows properly[1], which I would say
is a killer... Unless you can of course to everything you need through
one of those frontend protocols, but if you can do everything that way
then why would you need git in the first place?

You might be able to get the cvs functionality. That's not necessarily everything you could have, but it means that you can operate without losing functionality for some developers while increasing functionality for a number of developers. I think would be a pretty good thing.

I would not be at all happy with making such a compromise. Proper support for all the platforms we build on is an absolute prequisite, as far as I am concerned. I'm not prepared to treat Windows as a second-class citizen.

I also think that if we change to another SCM it should be something in widespread use in FOSS systems - ideally also something supported already in many distributions.

As I said earlier, there is no hurry.

cheers

andrew

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster