On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

The bad point is not that we would rollback the transaction. The bad
point is what happens when you need to rollback a transaction and in
your scenario it is quite plausible that a large rollback could occur,
more than once, causing the requirement of something like a vacuum full
to clean things up.

Yes, I understand, but I think, the scenario of working and always hitting a quota is not normal. I think you shouldn't expect perfect, stable performance etc. in that case. It's similar to if you'll try to work with PG with very little memory and/or shared memory. You can work, but you can easily hit these limits, and than something will not work...

regards,
        Sergey

Sergey E. Koposov
Max Planck Institute for Astronomy/Cambridge Institute for Astronomy/Sternberg
Astronomical Institute
Tel: +49-6221-528-349
Web: http://lnfm1.sai.msu.ru/~math
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]