We at International Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Hyderabad,
India, have extended the Postgres database
system with the skyline operation. For this work, we were guided by our
Prof. Kamalakar Karlapalem
(http://www.iiit.ac.in/~kamal/).

We have extended SQL 'SELECT' clause by an optional 'SKYLINE OF' clause in
version 8.0.3. The changes are done in parser, transformation,
planner/optimizer (a bit) and executor stages. For its execution, two novel
algorithms  - BNL (Block Nested Loop) and SFS
(Sort Filter Skyline) - are also implemented.

Can this piece of work contribute to PostgreSQL? If yes, then we'll send out
a detailed report of this project including changes
made, issues involved/need to be solved, limitations, future work, and the
source code etc.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Nikita