On Mar 9, 2007, at 6:42 AM, Tom Lane wrote:

Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Now regarding your restartable vacuum work.  I think that stopping a
vacuum at some point and being able to restart it later is very cool and
may get you some hot chicks, but I'm not sure it's really useful.

Too true :-(

Yeah.
Wouldn't 'divide and conquer' kinda approach make it better ? Ie. let vacuum to work on some part of table/db. Than stop, pick up another part later, vacuum it, etc, etc ?

--
Grzegorz Jaskiewicz
[EMAIL PROTECTED]