Oleg Bartunov wrote:
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007, Florian G. Pflug wrote:

Teodor Sigaev wrote:
For given schema and server's locale, it's possible to have several FTS configurations, but the only one (with special flag enabled)
could be used as default. Current (active) FTS configuration contains
in GUC variable tsearch_conf_name. If it's not defined, then FTS configuration is looked in search_path to match server's locale with default flag enabled.

Isn't the real problem that only _one_ configuration per locale should
be marked as DEFAULT at any time, no matter what schema it is in?

I'm not sure I understand you correct (a bit complex :), but it's allowed
to have only _one_ DEFAULT configuration per schema/per locale. So,
visibility is defined by search_path for given locale.

Yes, but why is that needed? Wouldn't one DEFAULT configuration
per database be sufficient, and avoid the search_path problems?

Sorry if I'm being stupid - I just can't see what having a different
DEFAULT configuration per schema buys you.

greetings, Florian Pflug