Tom Lane wrote:
Magnus Hagander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
The proper fix is to put it in the msvc build sys, where it writes
pg_config.h :-) It also needs a new lib for initdb. I have a patch
for it, and it works here, I'm just asking if it's safe to enable it or if
it may cause runtmie problems on platforms without ipv6.

Try it and find out ;-) ... that's what we have a buildfarm for.

Well, on the buildfarm the build host is the test host, so that doesn't quite take care of Magnus' concern.

But that said, I do think it will probably Just Work - we did a lot of work during 8.1 to make sure it would, and I see no reason yet to think that work won't apply.

cheers

andrew

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster