Hi Bruce,

On 4/12/07 9:24 AM, "Bruce Momjian" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Luke Lonergan wrote:
>> Hi Bruce,
>>
>> How about these:
>>
>> - Allow specification of TOAST size threshold in bytes on a per column basis
>> - Enable storage of columns in separate TOAST tables
>> - Enable use of multi-row compression method(s) for TOAST tables
>
> At this point I would be happy just to set the TOAST threshold to a
> value defined as optimal, rather than as the most minimal use of TOAST
> possible.

I agree that's a good starting point, I guess I was thinking that was
already included in the work that Tom has been doing.  If not, we can add a
TODO like this as a precursor to the ones above:

- Allow specification of TOAST size threshold (in bytes) on a per table
basis

- Luke

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster