Tom Lane wrote:
Mark Kirkwood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Tom Lane wrote:
The current documentation for RESET exhibits a certain lack of, um,
intellectual cohesiveness:

Synopsis

RESET configuration_parameter
RESET ALL
RESET { PLANS | SESSION | TEMP | TEMPORARY }

Maybe DISCARD for the plans etc might be more intuitive than extending RESET?

DISCARD PLANS and DISCARD TEMP seem pretty reasonable, but DISCARD SESSION
sounds a bit odd --- it seems like it might mean "disconnect", which of
course is exactly what we're trying to avoid.  But possibly we could
rename RESET SESSION as DISCARD ALL.

Leastwise I haven't got any better ideas.  Anyone have another proposal?

What about
RESET parameter
RESET { PLANS | TEMP | TEMPORARY }
RESET ALL { PARAMETERS | STATE }

RESET ALL would become an abbreviation of RESET ALL PARAMETERS (for backwards
compatibility), while RESET SESSION would be renamed to RESET ALL STATE.

greetings, Florian Pflug

              http://archives.postgresql.org