To: "Islam Hegazy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:44 AM
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] modifying the table function

"Islam Hegazy" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
My question is how to inform the client that there is a tuple to display =
and return back to the backend to continue the query execution?

I'd suggest you start by reading
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/protocol.html
and then develop a clear specification at that level of what you
think should happen.  Perhaps after that exercise it will be clearer
how to change the code.  "Think first, program later."

      match