Josh Berkus wrote:
If many people are going to block on using a web tool for submitting new versions of a patch, claiming responsibility for review, etc., though, then we should probably abandon this discussion right here. No new tool is going to work if we have people who won't make any changes at all in their work habits.

We could do most of what people want using a tracker, but that discussion always seems to end up nowhere. And, as I have noted before, use of a tracker will become a total mess unless there are adequate resources to keep it clean and up to date (e.g. to put links in items to mailing list discussions, update state etc.) So if the commercial backers of PostgreSQL want better management of the project, maybe they need to find some resources to help out.

cheers

andrew

      match