Heikki Linnakangas napsal(a):
Jim C. Nasby wrote:

There is two counters for checkpoints in pgstats, the number of timed (triggered by checkpoint_timeout) and requested (triggered by checkpoint_segments) checkpoints.

Maybe we should improve the stats system so that we can collect events with timestamps and durations, but in my experience log files actually are the most reliable and universal way to collect real-time performance information. Any serious tool has a generic log parser. The other alternative is SNMP. I welcome the efforts on pgsnmpd..

Whats about add some DTrace probes?

                Zdenek

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster