On Mon, 4 Jun 2007, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

turnip_moth is also a Solaris 9 box and doesn't seem have the same issue.

Kris, is there anything unusual installed on the box that would make it behave like this?

Not sure what's going on here. I did a manual run of the ecpg tests and it completed normally. This machine is quite out of date and it has a large mix of GNU tools with the solaris ones. Since turnip_moth is maintained by Sun I would expect it to be up to date on patches and have few non-Sun tools installed. So it could be using a different interpreter or it could be using a broken tool for which a patch has been released. I'll try doing a run with the buildfarm client later today to try and reproduce this.

Kris Jurka

              http://archives.postgresql.org