On Thu, 28 Jun 2007, ITAGAKI Takahiro wrote:

Do you need to increase shared_buffers in such case?

If you have something going wild creating dirty buffers with a high usage count faster than they are being written to disk, increasing the size of the shared_buffers cache can just make the problem worse--now you have an ever bigger pile of dirty mess to shovel at checkpoint time. The existing background writers are particularly unsuited to helping out in this situation, I think the new planned implementation will be much better.

--
* Greg Smith [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD