> How about a new relkind which causes the table to be located in
> PGDATA/base/<dboid>/pg_temp_<backendid>/<relfilenode>
> So each backend can have its own copy of the table with the same
> relfilenode; there's no need for extra catalog entries.

Uh-huh.  And what do you do with relpages, reltuples, relfrozenxid, and
pg_statistic entries?  What if one backend wants to TRUNCATE or CLUSTER
its copy (requiring a new relfilenode)?  Where does ALTER TABLE fit into
this?

This entries can be teoreticly virtual (in memory). If we have some
memory storage we can use it for it.

nice a day
Pavel Stehule

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq