On Jul 10, 2007, at 7:49 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

On Tue, Jul 10, 2007 at 10:43:22AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
Magnus Hagander <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I'd appreciate it if people can run tests with this on some other platforms (I've only tested on Ubuntu linux and Win32). Specifically, I'm certain that the autoconf stuff will need to be expanded a bit in order to work for
them all.

What sort of tests have you got in mind?

The one I'm most looking for is simply being able to build with GSSAPI
enabled. I don't foresee any problems between implementations (there could be of course, but the standard defines the protocol), but I'm sure headers
and libraries could be in different places and have different names.

Actually testing the authentication itself is of course a bonus :-)
I've only tested it against Active Directory, but IIRC Henry has used a
Unix based Kerberos server. But more testing is always good.

//Magnus

Yes, I was using a Heimdal Kerberos server and Solaris 9 or MIT GSSAPI client libraries. ("Client" means Kerberos client so it's both client and server for Postgres.)

I just DL'ed the "2007-07-10 08:16:17" snapshot and I don't see any reference to "gss" or "GSS" in configure.in. Should I wait for tomorrow's snapshot tarball?