ISTM supporting "somefunc.ambiguous" just gives us another way to
 reference the parameter, and there still isn't any way to refer the
 column.

Could we not, at least, support explicit column disambiguation?

e.g.  This PL/SQL procedure:

   CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE insert_emp (empno emp.empno%TYPE,
                                           ename emp.ename%TYPE) IS
   BEGIN
           INSERT INTO emp (empno, ename) VALUES (empno, ename);
   END;

is tantamount to writing this:

   CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE insert_emp (empno emp.empno%TYPE,
                                           ename emp.ename%TYPE) IS
   BEGIN
           INSERT INTO emp (emp.empno, emp.ename)
                  VALUES (insert_emp.empno, insert_emp.ename);
   END;

Both are valid, and notice how the latter evinces disambiguation
supported both ways.

--
Affan Salman
EnterpriseDB Corporation                      http://www.enterprisedb.com