Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
I suspect we have a significant incompatibility with PLSQL in this area.

Ugh.  Google seems to confirm your thought that Oracle expects

  FOR i IN REVERSE 1..10 LOOP

which is not the way we are doing it.  Not sure if it's worth trying to
fix this --- the conversion pain would be significant.  I agree we gotta
document it, however; will go do so.

Note that in the Oracle worldview it still wouldn't be sensible to use
a negative step.

Quite so. I think we should probably require the step to be greater than 0, whether or not we are using REVERSE, and choose to use it as an increment or decrement as appropriate.

cheers

andrew

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend