On Wed, 18 Jul 2007, Bruce Momjian wrote:

Oleg, Teodor,

I am confused by the following example.  How does gin know to create a
tsvector, or does it?  Does gist know too?

No, gist doesn't know. I don't remember why, Teodor ?

For GIN see http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-05/msg00625.php
for discussion

FYI, at some point we need to chat via instant messenger or IRC to
discuss the open items.  My chat information is here:

        http://momjian.us/main/contact.html

I send you invitation for google talk, I use only chat in gmail.
My gmail account is [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SELECT title
FROM pgweb
WHERE textcat(title,body) @@ plainto_tsquery('create table')
ORDER BY dlm DESC LIMIT 10;

CREATE INDEX pgweb_idx ON pgweb USING gin(textcat(title,body));

        Regards,
                Oleg
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster