Tom Lane wrote:
In the meantime, though, it's not quite clear why this would lead to
a buildfarm failure --- it should just mean a lot of extraneous files
appearing in a fresh checkout.  (Looks a bit harder ... Oh, it looks
like btree_gist has some files that used to be autogenerated and are
now in CVS, so the bogusly new versions from CVS are suppressing the
desired generation from the old btree_num.c file.)

Looking at the Committers mail, it looks like there have only been two very small commits since Michael's series of commits around 12 to 13.5 hours ago, and before that nothing since around 28 hours ago. Do we have a backup snapshot of the repo taken during that time that we can roll back to? That might be simpler than doing surgery on the repo.

cheers

andrew