On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 10:42:09AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Martijn van Oosterhout <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > I'm unsure how it works now, but it seems reasonable that when a
> > regclass/regtype/regetc is passed to a trigger, pass it in OID form.
>
> If you insist on a solution that involves attaching type information
> to trigger arguments, then we can forget about getting tsearch into 8.3.
> That's a nontrivial amount of new design and code that hasn't even been
> on the radar screen before.

Hmm, maybe I didn't explain clearly enough. I meant that if the
argument is a regclass for example, to pass it in the TG_ARGV list as
the OID in *string form*.

That way trigger arguments stay a list of strings, yet the whole thing
is schema safe because when trigger body casts the string back to a
regclass, it gets exactly what was passed.

Hope this makes more sense,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://svana.org/kleptog/