Tom Lane wrote:
OK.  Looking back, there was also some mention of changing chr's
argument to bigint, but I'd counsel against doing that.  We should not
need it since we only support 4-byte UTF8, hence code points only up to
21 bits (and indeed even 6-byte UTF8 can only have 31-bit code points,
no?).

Yes, that was a thinko on my part. I realised that yesterday.

cheers

andrew