Tom Lane wrote:

I thought about ways to include GUC settings directly into CREATE
FUNCTION, but it seemed pretty ugly and inconsistent with the
existing syntax.  So I'm thinking of supporting only the above
syntaxes, meaning it'll take at least two commands to create a secure
SECURITY DEFINER function.

Comments?

I have a question about what does happen if search path is not defined for SECURITY DEFINER function. My expectation is that SECURITY DEFINER function should defined empty search patch in this case. This behavior is similar to how dynamic linker processes setuid binaries - (ignoring LD_LIBRARY_PATH and so on).

                Zdenek

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster