Marko Kreen wrote:
On 9/9/07, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I brought back clownfish(still a bit dubious about the unexplained
failures which seem vmware emulation bugs but this one seems to be
easily reproduceable) onto the buildfarm and enabled --with-openssl
after the the recent openssl/pgcrypto related fixes but I'm still
getting a backend crash during the pgcrypto regression tests:

http://buildfarm.postgresql.org/cgi-bin/show_log.pl?nm=clownfish&dt=2007-09-09%2012:14:50

backtrace looks like:

program terminated by signal SEGV (no mapping at the fault address)
0xfffffd7fff241b61: AES_encrypt+0x0241: xorq     (%r15,%rdx,8),%rbx
(dbx) where
=>[1] AES_encrypt(0x5, 0x39dc9a7a, 0xf560e7b50e, 0x90ca350d49,
0xf560e7b50ea90dfb, 0x6b6b6b6b), at 0xfffffd7fff241b61
  [2] 0x0(0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0, 0x0), at 0x0

This is crashing because of the crippled OpenSSL on some version
of Solaris.  Zdenek Kotala posted a workaround for that, I am
cleaning it but have not found the time to finalize it.

I'll try to post v03 of Zdenek's patch ASAP.

However, I guess there still will be a problem with regression tests, because pg_crypto will reports error in case when user tries to use stronger cipher, but it generates diff between expected and real output.

I don't know if is possible select different output based on test if strong crypto is installed or not. Maybe some magic in Makefile/Configure. Test should be:

# ldd /usr/postgres/8.2/lib/pgcrypto.so  | grep libcrypto_extra
#   libcrypto_extra.so.0.9.8 =>      (file not found)

if output contains (file not found) library is not installed or not in path (/usr/sfw/lib).

                Zdenek