On Sep 19, 2007, at 8:08 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
Decibel! <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
3 isn't that important to me, but 4 is:
4. Doesn't hammer the database to measure

And pgstattuple fails #4 miserably. Want to know the average dead space
in a 500GB database? Yeah, right....

So we could put a vacuum_cost_delay() in it ...

pg_stat_delay()? ;)

That's better than what we have now, without a doubt. But I'd still prefer to have a table I can just read on the fly.

We do have a TODO to replace the current stats infrastructure with something that has less overhead, right? :)
--
Decibel!, aka Jim C. Nasby, Database Architect  [EMAIL PROTECTED]