Chuck McDevitt wrote:
Many of us would like to see libedit ported to Windows too ;-)
Yeah, it's on my (insanely long) TODO to look at sometime :-)

//Magnus

I've thought about working on a libedit port myself, but I don't see how
that would help PostgreSQL unless the PostgreSQL community would be
willing to include the libedit code into our source tree
(pgsql/src/port/? ).

Otherwise it would just be downloadable from some obscure place that
most people won't find or trust.

It would mean that the distributed Windows binaries would be free of GPLed code.

Most people don't actually build from source. I especially suspect that very few people build on Windows.

cheers

andrew

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq