Tom Lane wrote:
I'm getting less and less satisfied
with the way that the MSVC build system is forcing us to duplicate all
the knowledge in the Makefiles.

I whined about this quite some time ago ...

One thing I did in the commit that broke this was to move the list of
"fixed" (platform-independent) members of libpgport out of
Makefile.global.in and into src/port/Makefile.  Is it possible to parse
that to get the list of fixed members, instead of duplicating the list
in Mkvcbuild.pm?  Of course Mkvcbuild.pm would still need a list of
Windows-specific members, but that should be a lot shorter and more
stable.

I've just been toying around in my head with possibly installing gmake on a windows build box and making a target where it outputs the list of source files for building a project from. Maybe that would help.

cheers

andrew

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend