Gregory Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Why do you cast arguments to memcmp to char* ?

Well, *I* haven't done it in a long time, but it used to be a fairly
standard thing.  I imagine that back before memcpy was usually declared
with void * arguments, it was necessary to avoid compiler warnings.

The problem would still exist if the code were written
        memcpy((void *) &foo, ...)
so I suspect that an in-line cast to void * wouldn't work any better.

               http://archives.postgresql.org