Tom Lane wrote:
This morning's ecpg patch certainly seems to have been snake-bit.
Although the Windows gcc buildfarm members seem happy, the MSVC ones
are all failing with

Linking...
           Creating library Release\libecpg\libecpg.lib and object
Release\libecpg\libecpg.exp
        libecpg.exp : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
        .\Release\libecpg\libecpg.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved
externals

I see that DllMain() got added to misc.c, so it's not obvious what's
wrong here.  Some adjustment needed in the MSVC build scripts maybe?

It is building with thread.c but it should not be unless I am misreading the Makefile. The makefile processing in Project.pm doesn't look nearly powerful enough to handle this:

 # thread.c is needed only for non-WIN32 implementation of path.c
 ifneq ($(PORTNAME), win32)
 OBJS += thread.o
 endif

It will ignore the if and endif lines and process the OBJS line :-(

A quick fix is probably to put some whitespace in front of "OBJS", although that seems horribly fragile.

cheers

andrew

              http://archives.postgresql.org