andy wrote:
Andy Colson wrote:
Hi All,

You knew it was coming....

I tried doing a pg_dump --schema-only and restoring just that, but still got a bunch of errors (those above). If I clean that up of all the old text search stuff, and then run it, then do the data, will that work ok?

Further to this, I edited the schema, and created it ok, then dumped the data across (after editing out all the tsearch stuff). So far so good.

However, my trigger failed:

CREATE TRIGGER fulltext_update
    BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE ON times
    FOR EACH ROW
    EXECUTE PROCEDURE tsearch2('vectors', 'remarks');

Looks like we renamed/removed the tsearch2 function? Is setweight(to_tsvector()) the new way?

-Andy

Ah, found it.. in the doc's no less :-)

CREATE TRIGGER tsvectorupdate BEFORE INSERT OR UPDATE
ON tblMessages FOR EACH ROW EXECUTE PROCEDURE
tsvector_update_trigger(tsv, 'pg_catalog.english', strMessage);

-Andy

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend