Ola,

I don't think this logic should be coded into the JDBC driver.  Instead
I think it makes much more sence to have this logic coded into the
backend and then exposed via JDBC and the other interfaces.  I know that
someone is working on doing the same thing in ODBC.  Having the same
code done in two or more places is a bad idea.

thanks,
--Barry

http://archives.postgresql.org