* Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

| Gunnar =?iso-8859-1?q?R=F8nning?= <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
| > But anyway this off topic, what need to have is a build process that works
| > nicely and I think including the ant binaries(around 500k) would be the
| > best solution here.
|
| 500k of binaries?  You just lost the argument.  That's not an acceptable
| amount of overhead to add to the Postgres distribution.

Maybe another reason to look into less monolithic approaches. Both in terms
of project distribution and release cycles, I still think a decoupling the
JDBC interface from the main distribution is a good idea ;-)

--
Gunnar Rønning - [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Senior Consultant, Polygnosis AS, http://www.polygnosis.com/

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster