On Thu, Feb 8, 2018 at 11:40 AM, Vitaliy Garnashevich <
vgarnashev...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Anyway, there are still some strange things happening when
> effective_io_concurrency is non-zero.

> Vitaliy

I was researching whether I could optimize a concatenated lvm2 volume when
I have disks of different speeds (concatenated - not striped - and I think
I can if I concatenate them in the right order - still testing on that
front), when I came across this article from a few years ago:
http://www.techforce.com.br/content/lvm-raid-xfs-and-ext3-file-systems-tuning-small-files-massive-heavy-load-concurrent-parallel

In the article he talks about the performance of parallel io on different
file systems.

Since I am already running XFS that led me to this tunable:
http://xfs.org/docs/xfsdocs-xml-dev/XFS_Filesystem_Structure/tmp/en-US/html/Allocation_Groups.html

Which brought me back to this discussion about effective_io_concurrency
from a couple of weeks ago.  I noticed that the recent round of tests being
discussed never mentioned the file system used.  Was it XFS?  Does changing
the agcount change the behaviour?