On 21/04/2004 14:31 Cestmir Hybl wrote:
> Looks like he's using the default postgresql.conf settings in which
case
> I'm not suprised at pg looking so slow.

The question also is, IMHO, why the hell, postgreSQL still comes out of
the
box with so stupid configuration defaults, totally underestimated for
todays
average hardware configuration (1+GHz, 0.5+GB RAM, fast FSB, fast HDD).

It seems to me better strategy to force that 1% of users to "downgrade"
cfg.
than vice-versa.

regards
ch

This has been discussed many times before. Check the archives.

--
Paul Thomas