On Mon, 9 May 2005, John A Meinel wrote:

Well, I'm speaking more from what I remember reading, than personal
testing. Probably 50% is too high, but I thought I remembered it being
more general than just specific cases.

Anadtech had a benchmark here:

http://www.anandtech.com/linux/showdoc.aspx?i=2163&p=2

It's a little old, as it's listing an Opteron 150 vs 3.6 Xeon, but it does
show that the opteron comes in almost twice as fast as the Xeon doing
Postgres.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner       <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Frost Consulting, LLC   http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/