My Dual Core Opteron server came in last week. I tried to do some benchmarks with pgbench to get some numbers on the difference between 1x1 -> 2x1 -> 2x2 but no matter what I did, I kept getting the same TPS on all systems. Any hints on what the pgbench parameters I should be using?

In terms of production use, it definitely can handle more load. Previously, Apache/Perl had to run on a separate server to avoid a ~50% penalty. Now, the numbers are +15% performance even with Apache/Perl running on the same box as PostgreSQL. How much more load of course is what I'd like to quantify.

      match