On Oct 3, 2005, at 5:02 AM, Steinar H. Gunderson wrote:

I thought this might be interesting, not the least due to the extremely low
price ($150 + the price of regular DIMMs):

This has been posted before, and the main reason nobody got very excited is that:

a) it only uses the PCI bus to provide power to the device, not for I/O
b) It is limited to SATA bandwidth
c) The benchmarks did not prove it to be noticeably faster than a good single SATA drive

A few of us were really excited at first too, until seeing the benchmarks..

-Dan

      match