Yeah, it's pretty much a known issue for postgres

Dave
On 20-Nov-05, at 4:46 PM, Craig A. James wrote:

This article on ZDNet claims that hyperthreading can *hurt* performance, due to contention in the L1/L2 cache by a second process:

  http://news.zdnet.co.uk/0,39020330,39237341,00.htm

Has anyone tested this on Postgres yet? (And based on a recent somewhat caustic thread about performance on this forum, I'm going to avoid speculation, and let those who actually *know* answer! ;-)

Craig

              http://archives.postgresql.org

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq