Craig A. James wrote:

What would be cool would be some way the developer could alter the plan, but they way of doing so would strongly encourage the developer to send the information to this mailing list. Postgres would essentially say, "Ok, you can do that, but we want to know why!"

Yeah it would - an implementation I have seen that I like is where the developer can supply the *entire* execution plan with a query. This is complex enough to make casual use unlikely :-), but provides the ability to try out other plans, and also fix that vital query that must run today.....

cheers

Mark

      match