On 8/28/06, Christopher Browne <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 8/28/06, Tom Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> "Christopher Browne" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> > On 8/28/06, Alvaro Herrera <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >> There's no solution short of upgrading.
>
> > That's a little too negative.  There is at least one alternative,
> > possibly two...
>
> But both of those would probably involve work comparable to an upgrade.

We don't know what is preventing the upgrade; we haven't been told
anything about the details surrounding that.

be sure and check out
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-08/msg00655.php.
(read the entire thread)  moving off 7.1 is a great idea, but it may
or may not solve the connection the problem (its windows) :).

merlin

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend