Arjen van der Meijden wrote:

But be aware that there can be substantial and unexpected differences on this relatively new platform due to simply changing the OS, like we saw when going from linux 2.6.15 to 2.6.18, as you can see here:
http://tweakers.net/reviews/657/2

Having upgraded to 2.6.18 fairly recently, I am *very* interested in what caused the throughput to drop in 2.6.18? I haven't done any benchmarking on my system to know if it affected my usage pattern negatively, but I am curious if anyone knows why this happened?

-Dan