Bruce Momjian wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
On Wed, Apr 04, 2007 at 08:50:44AM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
difference. OTOH, the SCSI discs were way less reliable than the SATA
discs, that might have been bad luck.
Probably bad luck. I find that SCSI is very reliable, but I don't find it any more reliable than SATA. That is assuming correct ventilation etc...
Perhaps a basic question - but why does the interface matter? :-)

I find the subject interesting to read about - but I am having trouble
understanding why SATAII is technically superior or inferior to SCSI as
an interface, in any place that counts.

You should probably read this to learn the difference between desktop
and enterprise-level drives:

http://www.seagate.com/content/docs/pdf/whitepaper/D2c_More_than_Interface_ATA_vs_SCSI_042003.pdf

Problem is :), you can purchase SATA Enterprise Drives.

Joshua D. Drake

             http://www.commandprompt.com/

              http://archives.postgresql.org