Yep quite a bit of transactions .. But the piece that's slow is where it is clearing it up in CommitTransaction(). I am not sure of how ProcArrayLock is designed to work and hence not clear what we are seeing is what we expect.

Do we have some design doc on ProcArrayLock to understand its purpose?

Thanks.
Regards,
Jignesh

Josh Berkus wrote:
Simon,

Well thats pretty weird. That code path clearly only happens once per
transaction and ought to be fast. The other code paths that take
ProcArrayLock like TransactionIdIsInProgress() and GetSnapshotData()
ought to spend more time holding the lock. Presumably you are running
with a fair number of SERIALIZABLE transactions?

Given that this is TPCC-analog, I'd assume that we are.

Jignesh?

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster