Simon Riggs wrote:
On Wed, 2009-03-11 at 16:53 -0400, Jignesh K. Shah wrote:

1200: 2000: Medium Throughput: -1781969.000 Avg Medium Resp: 0.019

I think you need to iron out bugs in your test script before we put too
much stock into the results generated. Your throughput should not be
negative.

I'd be interested in knowing the number of S and X locks requested, so
we can think about this from first principles. My understanding is that
ratio of S:X is about 10:1. Do you have more exact numbers?

Simon, that's a known bug for the test where the first time it reaches the max number of users, it throws a negative number. But all other numbers are pretty much accurate

Generally the users:transactions count depends on think time..

-Jignesh

--
Jignesh Shah           http://blogs.sun.com/jkshah
The New Sun Microsystems,Inc   http://sun.com/postgresql