On Thu, 16 Apr 2009, Robert Haas wrote:
I hasten to point out that I only suggested raising them to the moon
as a DEBUGGING strategy, not a production configuration.

The problem is that we have created a view that by itself a very time-consuming query to answer, relying on it being incorporated into a query that will constrain it and cause it to be evaluated a lot quicker. This kind of scenario kind of guarantees a bad plan as soon as the number of tables reaches from_collapse_limit.

Matthew

--
Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your Microsoft product. -- Ferenc Mantfeld